The Technical Unit of SEIU Local 517M (UTEA) is holding an election for Chapter Presidents, Chapter Vice-Presidents, and Unit Secretary/Treasurer for a 3- year term of office. If you are interested in running for one of these offices, you will need to complete the Candidate Petition Form which is available on the website and can be accessed by clicking here: http://www.seiu517m.org/wp-content/blogs.dir/40/files/2018/07/2018-tech-candidate-petition.pdf
Candidate Petition Forms will be accepted starting August 1, 2018 and ending at 4:30 p.m. on September 5, 2018. The election calendar is shown below:
- August 1, 2018 – Notice of Election in August E-Former and website
- September 5, 2018 (at Noon) Deadline for Return of Candidate Petition Forms & Photos
- September 10-26, 2018 Electronic Voting Available. Ballot links will be sent via email to members and are due back by 5:00 p.m. on September 26, 2018.
- September 17, 2018 Deadline for requesting a paper ballot.
- October 1, 2018 Ballots Counted and Election Certified by Election/Tally Committee.
- November 1, 2018 Newly Elected Leadership takes office.