The Human Services Support Unit will be holding their Steward/Alternate Steward Elections this month. Those winning election will begin their term of office on July 8, 2019 and their term will end on June 30, 2021.
Unit members in good standing as of pay period ending May 18, 2019, are eligible to participate in the Steward and Alternate Steward Election. If a member is not in current dues status for pay period ending May 18, 2019, they will not have the right to vote, nominate a member for the Steward/Alternate Steward, or run for a Steward/Alternate Steward position in their jurisdictional area. To be eligible to run for a position, you must have been in active dues status for one year.
If you are aware of a member in your office who did not receive this notice, please have that member call Janice Cosey in the Union Office at (313) 456-2911.
Members are encouraged to review the Steward and Alternate Steward Jurisdictional Area Chart to determine the location of your area based on the office where you work. You can also review the position duties by clicking on the position: Steward or Alternate Steward.
- Nomination Forms will be emailed to unit members on June 7, 2019.
- Nomination forms are to be returned to Dave Corrie at the Lansing Union Office no later than noon June 14, 2019 via scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 517-482-7870.
- Verification of nominees will be conducted June 17, 2019 through June 19, 2019.
- Electronic voting will be available online for the following dates June 20, 2019 through 4:00 p.m. on June 28, 2019. Voting information will be emailed to eligible voting members.
- Paper ballots will be available on June 20, 2019 by contacting Dave Corrie via email at email@example.com. Paper ballots must be received at the Lansing office no later than June 27, 2019.
- Votes will be tallied June 28, 2019.
- Election results will be announced in the July 1, 2019 E-Former.
- New Stewards take office on July 8, 2019.