Below is an update on the 2019 Coronavirus outbreak as of 10:00 PM on 7/21/2020
- AfterGovernor Whitmer signed another Executive Order enhancing her previous order which required all Michiganders to wear masks in both indoor and crowded outdoor spaces last week, the governor is continuing to remind people to follow the law and wear a mask.
- Yesterday, Lt. Governor Garlin Gilchrist II sat down with Wood TV 8 to talk about the importance of wearing masks to protect other people. He stressed that Michigan has seen an increase in cases across the state, and that in order to prevent stepping back into a different phase everyone must do their part.
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) announced 573 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday. This brings the total number of positive cases of COVID-19 to 74,725.
HAPPENING ACROSS STATE GOVERNMENT
- Yesterday, the Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services reminded consumers that COVID-19-related assistance programs and forbearance periods are nearing end dates, and those who have taken advantage of these programs should resume making timely payments, if possible, or contact their lenders right away if they still need assistance. Governor Whitmer and DIFS launched the MiMortgageRelief Partnership in April, a cooperative agreement between more than 230 banks, credit unions and mortgage servicers in Michigan to provide mortgage relief to Michigan homeowners experiencing COVID-19 related financial hardships.
“I urge homeowners to make timely payments if they can to protect their credit, and if they can’t, to reach out to their mortgage lenders now if they are still feeling the impact of COVID-19,” said DIFS Director Anita Fox. “Borrowers’ forgiveness agreements established earlier this year may be ending soon, but many Michigan lenders continue to offer help to those who need it.”
- Tomorrow, the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity will hold a live Q&A session with the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Director, Sean Egan. To watchlive on Thursday, July 23rd at 4:30 PM, click here.
- CDC Situation Updates
- Michigan Updates
- Map of country-specific travel health information
- About COVID-19
- COVID-19 Hotline 1-888-535-6136
- MLIVE: Mask mandate debate echoes seat belt battles of the 1980s
- Petoskey News: Health official: Contact tracing plays key role in containing COVID-19 transmission
- Michigan Radio: Survey: about half of Michiganders trust Whitmer, Faucifor COVID info; 27% trust Trump
- Fox 17: Gov. Whitmer responds to President Trump’s law enforcement threats via Twitter